Friday, October 14, 2016

Today is a big day! I started my GoFundMe campaign!

Today is a big day for me! I finally got the guts to reach out directly to people. I started my GoFundMe campaign, you can find it at https://www.gofundme.com/teachology.
For everyone thinking about giving to any campaign two questions are importnat:
"Can I trust him?", and "Can he deliver what he promises?".
My website provides an extensive info on who I am: http://teachology.xyz/mathhealth/rezume.htm. The first chapter of my book "Becoming a STEM teacher" tells you my story (http://books.noisetrade.com/teachology).
In short, I had a very good career in Russia, just before I left I ran an institution responsible for developing and implementation of innovative policies in education for a city with 1 million people. Regional officials reached to me for consultations when developing 5-year program for development of regional system of education. But when I got a chance to move my family to the U.S. I took it (in part because I wanted to save my son).
I had to learn how to speak, and now I teach. I had to learn how to write, and now I publish papers and books.
I know what I want, and I can do it!
The full description of the campaign is long (I am a teacher). The shortest version is this:
My current goal is to ignite public and to attract attention to the issue of a science of education.
In 1939 a letter has been delivered to President Franklin Delano Roosevelt. That letter helped to change the history, because it became one of several important seeds from which later on the “Manhattan Project” grew up and the first atomic bomb was created.
The letter was signed by Albert Einstein. But the main authors of the letter were Hungarian physicists Leo Szilard, Eugene Wigner, and Edward Teller. Why didn’t they leave their signatures on the letter, and why for delivering the letter did they employ a help of another person who personally knew F.D.R. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein%E2%80%93Szil%C3%A1rd_letter)?
Because previously those physicists wrote a similar letter to the State Department, but nothing happened!
If Twitter, Facebook, and crowdfunding websites existed in 1939, maybe the Hungarian physicists could use the power of masses instead of the power of names to attract attention of people in power?
Everyone who finds at least some logic in the project, please be my Einstein and share this post.
Post a Comment